Bottle of Stories (30)


"I was going back to my house when suddenly... I feel like I'm moving very fast and now, I'm here." Jayson explained.

"The only way to go back is-"

"No! I don't want to go back there!" Annie cried.

"-by ope...", Annie covers Rey's mouth to stop him from talking.

"You don't need to tell me how I'll find the way on my own," Jayson said.

Annie let go of Rey's mouth "See?".

Jayson stands after recovering. He walks downstairs and saw a woman washing dishes. Before he could leave, the woman asks him.

"Are you Annie's new friend?"

Jayson couldn't speak.

"If yes, then I'm glad." the woman smiled.

"Mom, did he leave already?" Annie said while walking downstairs with Rey. Then they see Jayson about to go away.

"Wait, where are you going? It's 8 pm and you don't have a place to stay." Annie said.

"Yeah. We owe you one for letting us stay in your house and helping us to return to our place." Rey said.

"It's time for us to do something in return,"  Annie said.

"But, if we are going to stay at my house, it'll be trouble 'cuz it's nighttime now. I'm sure my dad is-"

"You can stay at our house." Annie's mother said.

Jayson has nothing to say. He can't refuse Annie's mother's offer. Rey goes to his house. Jayson stays at Annie's house.

***

Rey opens the door slowly with cracking sounds. He still pushing it slowly and peek a little bit. He saw nothing making him sigh. He enters the going straight to his room and sleeps. He thinks... He thinks about how things will turn out if he would forget the things that happened. He wants to remember and to be remembered. He thinks about it without realizing it's morning. He gets the old cellular phone to check the date and time. When he noticed...

***

Annie gets her broken phone. She looks at it and she is about to cry. She remembers the gold coins that the king give them. Maybe she can use it to pay for the repair when she hears knocking sounds. She runs to the door like she is expecting someone to come at that time.

"Annie, remember yesterday!" Rey shouted after Annie opens the door.

Annie holds his shoulder and asks "Do you still have the thing that the king gives us?"

"No no no no no let me say this first-"

"No, listen to me first."

Then the two start quarreling. Annie's mother and Jayson seeing the two of them fighting about small things make them quiet. Jayson's face palmed and the mother said to them that they should talk outside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog