Bottle of Stories (35)


"Why do you trust Rey so much?"

The mother keeps silent and pretends that she doesn't hear Jayson.

"Why"

"Oh. You noticed too."

"I've always been asked the same question. But for you... I will tell you why...

When Annie was a kid. She is always crying when she gets home. It all started when she had service when going to school and going home. She always says to me that her classmate teased her. I thought her classmates are only joking and Annie takes it seriously because.. they are kids. That's why I say to her whenever she is crying because of her classmate-

"The next time they do this to you, tell your teacher."

She only nodded.

As the days passed by. Annie stopped crying. But... I feel there is something wrong. She is always quiet. She doesn't want to go outside and play with her friends. She becomes lonely, and she wants to be alone. I don't want to force her to do the things that she doesn't want to. So I let her be.

One day, It was 5:30pm and I'm still waiting for Annie. She is still not home. I ask her service but he said that a group of students said she already went home on her own. I was so nervous and I can't stop thinking about what happened while walking around our house. I was so anxious so I start asking my neighbors. I almost knock all the doors in our street but no one has a clue... where Annie is. So I start calling the school. I ask the person who answers my call if they saw Annie leave school. Then another person answered. A male teacher I assumed because of the low and rough voice. He said that he was on the faculty cleaning his desk when he saw a girl with a yellow(blonde) hair passed the faculty room 30 minutes ago. I'm glad that Annie is very extinguishable because of her hair. Then he continued.

"She was with a student with the same age I think"

"Do you know this student?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, I'm a secondary teacher so I don't know this student. I'm sorry..."

"Then why you didn't stop them!" I said with a trace of anger.

No one answered. Because I was so disappointed. I just slapped the telephone back to its place.

So I waited...

I have the feeling that Annie will go home...

Quarter to 7:00pm. When someone knocks.

"Knock! Knock!" Before the childish voice finished, I already opened the door and I saw her. I instantly hugged her and I can't think of anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog