Bottle of Stories (36)


I noticed Annie is wearing a big T-shirt and a basketball short that fits on her size.

"What happened to your uniform?" I asked.

But... She didn't respond.

"Why did you leave school late?" I asked again. There are many questions in my head but I want to ask them one by one. I don't want to pressure her.

"She is locked in the girl's restroom," the little kid said.

At that moment, I felt that my heart beats faster. I don't know what to say. I want to believe it because kids don't lie.

"Kid, what happened? What is your name?"

"Rey," Annie answered.

"I was going to return the mop to the corner near the restroom when I hear a voice coming from the girls' restroom. It was locked. There was a padlock. So I use a pin to unlock it. I'm awesome right?!"

"Oh yes. Hehe."

"She was wet and smelly so I walked her home to wash and give her clothes." He added

"Why did you tell?" Annie said to Rey.

"You didn't say that I shouldn't tell her," Rey said.

I don't know but I felt glad that Rey helped Annie.

"Thank you." The only words that came out to my mouth.

***

(Rey's point of view)

"Rey... Do you remember when we are in grade 2? The first time we met?" Annie asked.

"Yeah."

I was assigned to clean the room that day as a punishment because I didn't do my assignment. I felt not contented when I finish sweeping so I get the mop near the restroom.

(minutes later...)

"Done!"

I'm going to return the mop to its place when I hear a voice coming from the girl's restroom.

After opening the restroom, you suddenly hug me while crying.

"Haha, you smell so bad!"

"You thought I'm the only one? You look dirty that day too!" 

So I walked her home and gave her clothes.

"Wash yourself, you can use our CR," I said 'cuz I have a feeling that her parents might scold her when they saw her at that state.

I checked her I.D. to know her address and I can't believe that her house was near to our house. So after she finished I walk her home. I tell to her mother what happened.

"Thank you," her mother said.

"Your welcome!" I responded. At that time, I only know that "Your welcome" is the proper response to "Thank you" so that's what I said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog