Bottle of Stories (37)


"Jayson?"

He asked while approaching.

"What are you doing here?"

"Annie's mother bring me here."

"Then? Where is she?"

"She said she's going to pay something."

"Ah ok. I get it now."

Silence

Then someone is walking towards them. A familiar face. It's the lady. The one who almost got her bag stolen.

"Good afternoon, ma'am" Rey greeted politely.

Jayson only looked at the lady seriously.

"Thank you for not letting the thief steal my bag." She said with full of gratitude and smiled.

"What?" Jayson asked curiously.

"What is your name? Do you go to school?" The lady asked.

"No," he answered.

"Why?" She asked.

"Schools are only for people who have the right to learn what is happening in our world."

"Oh..."

"I'm not allowed to go to the school that involves "Learning how to defy the king." and he giggles.

"-and it requires a lot of--"

"No! I don't understand what are you saying but, I believe that every kid must go to school! Starting tomorrow, I should see you wearing a uniform and going to this school. You don't need to worry about tuition. So, will you accept my offer?"

Jayson was so surprised. He can't believe that he can finally go to school. And at that time, he felt, happiness that even he can't explain.

"Yes..."

"I'm glad. My name is Trisha Maye Locsin. I'm a teacher. You can call me ma'am Trish"

"I'm Jayson."

"A-eh I need to go back now. Hehe." Rey said

But... On that exact day, he has to do the entrance exam. He can't read. The teacher gives him instruction. He has no choice but to guess the answers. He failed the interview where he needs to read a short story. After all of what happened. Jayson decided to part ways with teacher Trish and wait for Annie and Rey to come out from the room.

While holding the plastic bag containing his newly bought uniform, he waited patiently. Quietly. The students neither the teacher inside the classroom can't see him even the door was open. It is because he is behind the wall next to the door.

After a few minutes, the student starting to come out. That's when he finally sees Rey and Annie and they saw him too.

"Why do you have that?" Annie asked

"You are really going to school? I can't wait to see you wear the uniform haha."

Annie walks out.

"What's her problem?" Jayson said.

"Again??" Rey said as a reaction to how Annie acted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog