Bottle of Stories (39)


Rey, Annie, and Jayson are singing:

“A-B-C-D-E-F-G. H-I-J-K-LMNOP. Q-R-S. T-U-V. W-X. Y-Z.”


“(*Sigh)… Singing, again and again, makes me tired. I'll do my assignment.” and Rey returns to his seat.

Annie and Jayson stayed at the place they are sitting.

“Let's continue to what are we doing yesterday. Where are we… We are in the letter K. Ka… Ke… Ki… Ko… Ku…” Annie said.

Because Annie and Jayson are busy, they didn't notice that someone is coming near to them. It proceeded to Jayson's back and prepared its hand.


It touched Jayson's hair. Jayson stops speaking the syllables.

“What are you do-“

“You're hair is soft… and it's thin…” He continues touching. “What do you use? This is my first time to t- OUCH!” He screamed after the girl pinches him.

“Stop it! The person is studying!” and she looks at Jayson.




“Hello. My name is Shermaine. Please pardon Ryan for interfering. Haha.” then she looks back at Ryan "Our teacher is here let's go." she pulls Ryan until they reach the front seats.

“Ryan is always like that, I was surprised too when he suddenly starts touching my hair," Annie said to Jayson with an annoyed face.

“Later.” Annie returns to her seat beside Rey.

***

Break Time…

“Let's eat the food that mom made me bring.” Annie invited.

“What's that?” Rey asked.

“Bread with peanut butter,” Annie answered.

“Why are you eating near my seat?” Jayson asked.

“So we can eat together!” Rey answered.

“I'm not hungry!”

“OK, I'll just eat yours.” Rey bragged. He is going to eat the bread.

“No! Mom said that I should give it to Jayson." Annie pulled Rey's hand. Rey hardened his arms so Annie won't be able to pull his hand. When Annie lets go, Rey's hand goes straight to his necklace making his hand pump to the bottle.

“Ouch!”

“Karma,” Annie said.

“Grr... It's annoying I can't even remove this thing.” and Rey gets the bottle under his uniform so they can see it.

“You can't still remove it? Even if you use scissors?” Annie asked.

“No it can't.” and at the same time, he bite the bread. Rey gives his bread to Jayson. It is still wrapped and not reduced.

After eating...

"I know how I can go back. Just need to remove the cap of the bottle, I can already return." Jayson stated.

"How did you know?" Rey asked.

"You already know it but why you only said it now?" Annie added.

Jayson remembered that he followed Rey and Annie when they are going to depart. He wants to know how they can go home with just putting back the cap to the bottle but he did not expect that he'll be included.

"It will be hard for you to go back," Jayson answered.

"Of course not. I'll hold the cap tightly haha." Rey joked.

"Do you really want me to return?" Jayson asked with a trace of sadness on the words he just said. No matter how hard he tries it, he is sad.

"NO!" they both shouted.

"I'm scared to open the bottle again," Annie said.

"Looks like you're enjoying here. It is really nice to be here haha." Rey said.

"But... I feel like... It won't be easy to go back." Rey added.

"How can you say," Jayson said seriously.

"I don't know. I want to try (English) it first so I'll be able to know if I was right." Rey answered seriously too.

"What?" Jayson asked.

"I want to try (Tagalog) it first to see if I was right," Rey repeated but now he sounds like a poet.

"How will you try?" Jayson asked again.

"I'll open the bottle," Rey said while holding the bottle that is hanged on his neck.

"NO! I'm NOT READY!" Annie cried.

"HAHA. Okay. Let's do it after the class." Rey said taking back what he said a while ago.

"WHAT?! NO!" Annie cried, trying to explain that it is not what she meant to say.

"Hahahahaha" Rey laughed.

***

The students are starting to leave. Rey, Annie, and Jayson are the only ones who are left in the room.

They are standing at the corner of the room, carrying their bags.

"I don't want to. What if we won't be able to return?" Annie said.

"Trust me," Rey said bravely to Annie.

"Ok... Can I be the one to open it? Because... You might let go of the cap." Annie said.

"Alright." Rey agreed with Annie so she will stop worrying.

Annie holds the bottle in her left hand while the cap on her right hand. He pulled the cap but it didn't open. She pulls it full force but she didn't notice that she is pulling Rey's neck.

"Oooooooouch! Stop now!" Rey cried.

"Then I'll be the one to open it," Jayson said.

 Jayson tries to open the bottle but...

"I.. c-..can't.. breath..." Rey said even he is running out of breath.

Jayson let go of the bottle.

"Tsk!"

"I'll open it. I'll hold it carefully. Promise. If we don't arrive at Jayson's place, we'll return immediately." Rey explained.

"Fine. Stop talking now and open it" Jayson said.

And Rey opens...

***

Rey's point of view

It's like... the surrounding is spinning. I closed my eyes so I won't be able to feel dizzy. With a fast movement, I hold the cap tightly in my right hand.

I opened my eyes...

Tricycle...

I wake up at the back of the tricycle.

I try to stand up even my body feels weak. When I feel that I'm okay, what I saw is a big school and students going out. The others have a phone too.

Phone? Phone... that means...

Not in Jayson's place? That means I'm right...

"Looks... like...-

I look at my back. It's Jayson...

 we don't... e-... ven... leave... places..." Jayson was forced to say these words. That's when he lost consciousness.

"Hey... Are you alright?" Annie said to Jayson that is still on the floor.

I lift my head and I saw a student that is facing the cliff. I can't say it is a cliff because when you fall, it is not deep. The student is looking at its hand. What is that? I don't know because all I can see is her back... So I walk forward.

I tap her arm. She is not surprised nor reacted. Oh no, I think I tap her hard.

She put her phone in her pocket before facing me...

and she smiled.

She is only smiling. Is she waiting for what I'm going to say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog