In the making of Bottle of Stories (54)


I noticed that Bottle of Stories (54) is a short update that's why when I finished writing, I made 3 drawings for that chapter.

1.Annie's reaction



When I drew this I was just fooling around and enjoying myself. I used "ibis Paint X" on this one and practice with the brush called "Genius Pen". From what I have on my mind, I want to make it distorted so I tried to lessen the use of the curve line.

I like the results of this one. It's funny and it can be used as an emoji to my conversation. 😆



2. Rey and Annie whispering to each other


This took more than 12 hours to make (took me three days because I draw other stuff and write too). I don't believe it's 11 hours because "ibis Paint X"   doesn't record undo and I know I made a lot, especially on the sketch and lineart part. I can't use pressure sensitivity on my phone that's why I use a "Genius Pen."

There is a trick to "Genius Pen." When you move slowly it will create a thick line. When you move fast and you raise your stylus/finger midway it will create a bleed on the start and thin line on the rest. When you move fast and stop before raising your pen/stylus, it will create a bleed on the start and the end while the rest is thin.

On the coloring part, the method I used is grisaille and the brush I used is "Soft Pastel". Not really familiar with that type of coloring but I tried for studying and practicing purposes. Above it is a colored base with a linear burn blending mode. I adjust some contrast and brightness of the grisaille and opacity of the base colors and tada! It's done.

Overall, it's good. But not that great.



3. Jayson and his usual face


Okay, this one was made on "Medibang Paint Pro" but I tried replicating the way I draw the second art on "ibis Paint X." On "Medibang Paint Pro" I used "Mapping Pen" and there is a "Soft Pastel" too but based on my experience, the "Soft Pastel" on ibis Paint X is better. When I'm doing this, I realized that there is no "Linear Burn" in "Medibang Paint Pro" 😢. So for the base color, I used "Multiply" on the first one, duplicate it, and used "Burn" on the second one. Tried adjusting the opacity and I somehow replicated the "Linear Burn" blending mode.

In the end, I don't like how it turned out 😂. Lowkey regret that I recorded it. Good thing it only took me 3 hours to finish. The difference in drawing on a phone with a capacitive stylus, and drawing on a laptop with a pen tablet is huge.

I also learned that I should use a reference when I'm drawing for BoS. But I still cannot apply it to my works help.


Links to Youtube:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog