Bottle of Stories (71)

Lealyn went to the near city. Anywhere she goes, whether it is a store, a restaurant, or an inn, she always hears murmurs about how she is a witch and that every people who were cured by her started chanting spells. Rumors also said that Kid and the travelers are being controlled to protect her.

"Do not believe what they say. If it is you who did those, I will know right away." Jayson broke the silence in the empty lobby. He was sitting on a bench beside Lealyn and Kid while Guardian of Dreams is standing while leaning his back on the wall.

They are planning to stay in that inn. However, the people inside started hiding when they came inside so they are contemplating what to do.

"I know," she responded while thinking of ways what happened to her parents and how she can stop the rumors. Until she realized what Jayson said, "You understand magic too? I cannot believe it we should have conversed about it before then," she whispered.

She was smiling for a moment. However, the innkeeper called her.

"Miss, is it true that you are a witch? I cannot bring myself to assume because a kid like you can't do things like that."

"She is not a witch! She is my friend and she cures people without any return," Kid explained.

Lealyn rubbed her shoulder and looked down on the floor. "It is true that I cured them, but rumors about them chanting unexplainable words is not my doing. It might be a coincidence and people generalized it."

"Maybe people are jealous of what you accomplished at your age that's why they spread those hate rumors everywhere. I'm really sorry about how my customers treated you. You and your friends are welcome here, as long as you can pay."

Kid stood up out of joy and approached the voice of the innkeeper. He bumped into the edge of a table but it did not stop him from reaching the counter where the voice came from. "Thank you for being nice to us." He raised his hand to the innkeeper, asking for a handshake.

"I will take your gratitude." She holds the kid's hand and they smiled at each other.

A slam of the door caught everyone off guard. A man in casual tank tops and shorts with a woman on his side entered the inn. "Where is the witch! You pink-haired girl, look what have you done to my wife."

Jayson cannot understand what his wife is talking about so he glanced at Guardian of Dreams and he saw him chuckled.

"I can't sleep at night thinking of what spells or curses she will pull to me and my children."

"She said in another language that you cheated on her even though you have sons because he saw you in this inn with someone and rent a room for you and your mistress," Kid explained calmly.

"You already have a wife? He did inquire here with another woman," the innkeeper added.

"I understood what she said too. So I can testify that his translations are true."

The man stuttered and was unable to defend his actions. "But, she does not know another language."

"You cheated on her so you probably did not know her better," Jayson said.

"Someone altered her soul. I cannot undo what they did because souls are very hard to control," Lealyn told the man.

"No, we can still do something. If we are going to approach the problem by seeing her aura, a small anomaly can be found on her head," Jayson glanced at Lealyn.

"Can you remove it, Lealyn?" Kid pointed his index finger upwards and a spool of red thread dropped on his other hand.

Lealyn nodded.

Kid and Lealyn started their usual curing method. "I hope this works," she said.

They both wave their arms then the woman stopped chanting the so-called spells. Her husband was just observing while out of a sudden, she slapped him. "Lying on me and bullying children. Think about your actions before you talk to me again." She stormed out of the inn.

"Are you okay, Mister?" Kid worriedly asked.

"You did this to her!" the man responded.

"Tsk, shut up. That's the real her," said Jayson.

"Try apologizing, she will probably forgive you. After all, you also have your reasons. Just do not do that again," Kid suggested.

The day ended without people interrupting their room. The next day, however, people are rallying. It was so loud that they woke up earlier than their usual routine. They went to the lobby but people threw rocks at them. Jayson and Kid tried to cover Lealyn while Guardian of Dreams tried to find another door that will help them escape.

Lealyn followed the Guardian. He helped her climbed the window so they can run together. Jayson and Kid hide on the counter.

"Please stop throwing inside my property! You will pay for the damages and disturbance you make," the innkeeper shouted.

Kid opened a passage that leads them to Lealyn and Guardian of Dreams. They crawl inside and Kid immediately closed the way.

"Lealyn?" Kid first reached to the cloth of her skirt. "I smell blood. Are you okay?"

"Ahh, this?" She used her apron to wipe the blood on her face. "I got hit on my forehead. I did not see where it came from and the person already ran away."

"I'm sorry. Is it okay that we go somewhere far away from here? You might not see your parents for a while but I promise they will be safe," he suggested.

"Yes, we should do that. I do not want to be here any longer."

A passage opened for them. Inside is an image of the night which contrasted the daylight they have in the present. Lealyn jumped into it followed by Jayson and Guardian of Dreams. Lastly, Kid went inside and closed the passage before anyone can see it.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog