Bottle of Stories (72)

They were in a small street surrounded by row houses. The street is slightly lit by each window because of the light inside of homes.

"Did guardian of souls did those?" Jayson asked Kid.

"Yes," he responded.

"Why is this happening to me?" Lealyn's voice trembled.

Kid wrapped his arms unto Lealyn in hope that it will comfort her. "I will help you, Lealyn. We will bring your parents back."

"Aww, Kid, why are you so unfair?"

Everyone's attention went to the Guardian of Soul who is holding into Guardian of Dreams' shoulder. "Don't touch me, please," he said.

"Teleporting to another world so no one can harm your friend," she said as she shook her head out of disappointment. "This is not how we play. I'm warning you Kid, I will fulfill her karma no matter where you go."

Kid grabbed Lealyn's hand and stepped forward. "Then I will also protect her at all cost!"

"How unfortunate Lealyn, if you haven't met Kid, then all of this mess will not happen to you. I hope that in another world, we can still be friends."

"How dare you propose friendship after saying you are going punish her," stated Jayson.

"You should have thought of that before you made a deal with the shady guy." Guardian of Dreams crossed his arms and glared at Guardian of Souls.

"Come on Dreams, it was a great offer!" she teased.

"Did he offered his soul to you?" Lealyn asked.

"Yes, just like in my previous clients. Dreams also ask for the person's body in return for their wishes and Spaces erases the existence of others in exchange for their desires."

"Why Kid did not..."

"That's why we call him Kid. He can't give you the best so he only offers less."

Jayson recalled that Lealyn had to be kind to everyone in exchange for Kid helping her to revive her parents. He also remembered that they recovered her parents by combining their abilities. "Kid," he called out of pity because he is a guardian too but he is different from his peers.

"Then, I will offer my soul too! Just bring my parents back from their normal state and make people regret what they did to me!"

"Lealyn, no! That is wrong. You just broke our promise, I cannot..."

"I will bring them back in my own way."

The guardian of souls giggled because everything is going according to her plans. "Sadly, I cannot do that anymore." She glanced at Kid. "Remind her, Kid. What will happen if she broke your contract?"

He bit his lip. "I will take back what she wished," he stuttered.

"Meaning?"

"They do not..."

"...exist anymore!" she continued. "Their bodies are gone and their souls too. People who know them, they probably do not remember. You should not exist too because your mother and father are neither alive nor dead." Her mission is already finished but she wanted to mock them more because they ran away from her but it backfired. "When you come back, you'll just be a witch that exists from nowhere."

"Tokun, ur bos hul spu. Un hokun gomu, lon nur polst. Kyu bou, drof you. Kuntor, kunmuto, kundrof om ur kun ost jom."

The Soul Guardian's smile faded. "No way," she stepped back and vanished into thin air.

"Stop it Lealyn! I know you are angry but you should not abuse your gift to a guardian."

She did not listen. Her voice gets louder and shoutier making people peep into their windows to know what is happening.

Jayson noticed Kid is holding his throat like he is giving a sign that he cannot breathe. Is this how he got cursed into the bottle? he thought.

Kid kneeled down and raised his hand. He made tiny groans but he still managed to point at Lealyn so Jayson will approach her first before him.

Jayson on the other hand, want to assist him but he realized that it was Lealyn who is hurting Kid. He immediately runs to her and covered her mouth. "Stop already! You are killing your friend!"

She removed Jayson's hand so she can glance at her back. "Kid, I did not mean to.. I'm sorry."

Kid was about to puke but he gulped it. "It's okay, I forgive you."

Tears went down to her cheek su she wiped it with her hands. "You are not okay. I'm deeply sorry. I do not deserve forgiveness."

"Please do not leave me alone," he stood up and slowly reached his hand, wishing that Lealyn will hold him too at times like this.

However, Lealyn cannot bring herself to look at Kid. Jayson caught him instead.

"I will carry you," he said.

"Thank you." Kid lost consciousness while Jayson is lifting him.

"Lealyn, come with us," the Guardian of Dreams commanded.

Jayson leads the way even he does not have an idea where to go. The guardian and Lealyn followed him so he kept looking for an area where they can stay for the rest of the night.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog