Fourth Week in Dressmaking

Day 16

I tried making a facemask out of old fabric. I cut my printed pattern and then the fabric. I put basting in it even though it doesn't really need to then connect them together. I haven't finished it because I don't really feel well today so I might finish it next time.

August 22, 2022

Day 17

This is a pretty boring day because we are only a few and it is raining hard. I can't borrow any good sewing machine; our instructor teaches us by watching her sew. Which is hard because I can't memorize the process and the concept behind it. I kinda want her to teach us while we are on the sewing machine so me can train our muscle memory. Not only that she said before that we should not put edging on everything even though she didn't. So I have to remove almost everything on my fabric even though it keeps the fabric from fraying. I have no choice but to abide without knowing the purpose and why.

August 23, 2022

Day 18

No entry

August 24, 2022

Day 19

This day I took the time to remove all the edging I put in the wrong place. I started sewing my blouse and I ended up on a sewing machine that is too fast. Very hard to control but I eventually get use to it. I started with basting everything. Then I put together the shoulders then proceeded to connect the body. I stopped sewing on the collar because I made a mistake and put it on the opposite side.

August 25, 2022

Day 20

I'm in a zone in sewing this day. Maybe because it is Friday and I will be finally getting a good rest tomorrow. I resumed sewing my blouse's collar. I kept repeating it until the sizes of the left and right sides match each other which takes a lot of time, patience, and control of fabric and sewing machine. With the guidance of my mom, I finished the collar and proceeded in sewing the sleeves. The curve part of the sleeve is very hard but I manage and finished it before our service departs. At home, I realized that the other sleeves did not match the stitch of the body so I have to do it again and fix it.

August 26, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog