Third Week in Dressmaking

Day 11

Today was a very productive day because I continuously worked from morning to afternoon. In the morning, I used a high speed that is very hard to control because of how fast it is even when I press lightly. My classmate who sews for a living demonstrated how to thread the sewing machine and sew tax. She made me more confident in sewing because when I'm having a hard time starting, I try to remember and imitate how she does hers. After that, I continue where I left off with the ordinary sewing machine and my mom guided me in the steps which I still can't memorize. I manage to almost finish the blouse and pants. I just have to finalize it by sewing buttonholes and buttons.

August 15, 2022

Day 12

I finished hand sewing the button and buttonhole of my small blouse and pants which took me almost a day to finish. I'm very slow even when my stitch is not very close to each other. I'm very happy because I can finally move on to a new project but I have no idea what I should do so I'll try to figure that out. While I'm sewing, I played some videos I downloaded at home and music so I won't be too bored. This is also the day I first tried to use an edging machine which makes me very happy because it is easy to control and my classmates complimented me. These little things encourage me to work harder and learn more.

August 16, 2022

Day 13

I practiced basting on the sewing machine but I did not finish it because our teacher said that we should prepare the pattern we did weeks ago because we will be doing our blouse and pants. I added some allowances in my pattern. I also draw the pattern for the pocket and the thing you cover the zipper. I cut it while chatting with the people in the school and when I finished mine. My teacher made me explain how I did the small blouse before I cut the fabric for my blouse. I can't explain properly so I'm glad that our teacher told us how. Then they made me cut with some really big pressure because we are going home. At least I finished it though, I will continue cutting tomorrow so I hope I can do better than today because I suck.

August 17, 2022

Day 14

I made a mistake, I cut the fabric without our teacher looking because the fabric is already there waiting to be cut. She told me that shouldn't do that because she want to save fabric, then she left me again. So I asked help from my classmate to cut for me so the teacher won't see me when she arrives. In exchange, I finish her online activity. At least I get a good sleeve cut but my collar is separated so I waited until the afternoon to cut again. While waiting, I put edging on every side of my cutted fabric to avoid fraying. The machine is easier to control but very hard to thread. I have no idea how to thread it in the first place so I'm glad that the only thread that decided to give up is the one that needs to be put on the needle. I used a tweezer to hold the thread because the insides o the machine are very narrow, unlike normal sewing machines. I'm very tired after that but I'm glad I finished and practiced something today.

August 18, 2022

Day 15

No Entry

August 19, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog