Fifth Week in Dressmaking

Day 21

This is the day I finalized my blouse. However, it became too short for me so I had to adjust its hem which is very frustrating because all the mishaps could have been avoided if it was taught to us beforehand. I have a mental breakdown at school. The environment is already unhealthy from the start, but at the same time, I'm not learning anything. I cannot give all the details but I'll only say that the learning environment is very unpleasant and I do not like staying there for long. I would rather learn at home so I'm not distracted by the things that are happening around me. I feel like we are wasting time there.

August 30, 2021

Day 22

I started putting buttons and buttonholes on this day for my blouse. As usual, I'm very slow so it took me almost a day to finish. I endured the day at least but I'm not really that happy even if I finished my blouse and I can already wear it. I still have a lot to learn so I can apply the process of dressmaking properly.

August 31, 2022

Day 23

I cut the fabric for my pants this day. So I was stuck waiting for my turn because each one of us has to be supervised by our instructor when we are cutting. When my turn came, I still do things very slowly because of how perfectionist I am. I really want to do things right so I'm glad that our instructor is guiding me and there is not a lot of distraction around me. After that, I put edging on my cut fabric and then just stayed put on the corner silently because everyone is busy with their sewing machine.

September 1, 2022

Day 24

I sew my pants starting with the zipper and then to the pockets. I don't know if I can remember those steps. And then I tried my unfinished pants on and it's too high-waisted so I have to make adjustments again. This time I'm not even frustrated anymore because I have already foreseen that this will occur after what happened to my blouse. I just have to retry again and learn my own way of things.

September 2, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog