Bottle of Stories (60)

"What is your name?" asked the light green-haired guy.

"I'm Jayson," he replied.

"Good! I'll be your guide today. Follow me." He started singing a song about life on a farm while walking.

In the forest near the grassland, they followed the path of tiles made of rock.

"Are you really the same person? You act differently," Jayson asked.

"Yes, but some of my memories were removed by him."

The scent of the freshness of their surrounding made them pause. They gaze at the small village enclosed by a huge and almost circular-looking farm.

"He hates humans, doesn't he? I'm talking about the one manipulating this dream."

"I don't think so, he is a calm and composed person."

"Nevermind what I said." He continued to walk. "In this world, we are travelers. We explore many places to observe their culture because, at this time, there are only a few records about this country."

"Why do we have to do this? You can just show me what happened."

"Because this is my world. Dreams are better than the real world. I can be the star of this world and you can also be the star. I love being at the center of the crowd because, in real life, they don't care about me at all."

"I don't need other people's attention."

"It is better if we do it this way so just go with the flow. Hey, look at that kid. He works on a farm even though he is young. Have you experienced living on a farm?"

The kid was carrying a bucket full of water. He put the bucket on the ground to open the barn's door. He carried the bucket again only to be bumped by a running piglet. He stumbled and fall. The water splashed into the soil and him.

The kid kneeled down and kept tapping the ground like he's examining it.

Jayson realized that the boy was blind so he immediately approached him and helped him stand up. He also gave him his bucket.

"I appreciate your help Mr. Traveller," said the kid.

"How did you know I'm a traveler?" Jayson asked.

"Your smell is different from the people living here. Did you and your companion walk through mountains and woods?"

He switched his gaze to the guide who is nodding his head while walking away from them.

"Yeah." Jayson deeply cares about his hygiene so he is worried about what he smells like.

"I think a traveler is a wrong term. Adventurer, it suits you more. I admire adventurers. Can you tell me stories about your journey?"

"But your animal ran away. Should you be more concerned about the piglet?"

"Oh no, you are right! Did you see where she go? Can you guide me to reach her?"

"I will find her and bring her back to you."

"Wait! She does not want anyone to carry her. She might hurt you. I am the only one who can carry her back to the barn."

Jayson walked closer to the kid and carried him on his back. He started running on the plains to find the piglet.

"You are too fast Mister!" he screamed. His grip on Jayson's shoulders tightened.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog