Bottle of Stories (61)

It was dawn when they found the animal. If this happened in the real world, Jayson would have already found the piglet in a matter of seconds using his ability. He was walking; still carrying the boy on his back, while the boy is carrying the piglet on his arms.

"I am really grateful for your help, Mister. You can now put me down and I will walk my way to the barn."

"No." He said as his sweat ran down on his face.

"Why? You are tired of carrying me like this and you need to rest."

"It is our duty, as a complete human to help disabled people like you. You suffered from the day you are born in this world and we should do everything we can to make you feel better."

"I may not see the beautiful things around me but there you are proving me that I'm wrong. Your kindness is beautiful."

There is a girl who appeared on the distance and waved her arms. "Kid, let's play together with our friends!"

"Later Lealyn, I haven't finished my chore yet!" shouted the boy on Jayson's back.

"Okey!" she shouted back but her voice was faint. "See you later!"

"Kid?" Jayson asked.

"That is what they call me."

He put down the boy and began stretching his back. It was a good workout for him if this wasn't only a dream.

"Thank you for helping me."

Jayson nodded in return, forgetting that the Kid can't see him. "I should find the guardian."

"The Guardian of what?" He said with a worried look on his face.

"My guardian," he corrected himself.

"He is probably at the plaza where visitors always spend their time. If you follow the path from this barn and go left, it would lead you the way."

"Got it."

Jayson followed the kid's instruction and he found the guardian of dreams sitting on the bench and eating his bread.

"He is the one right?"

"You knew already?" He clapped his bread. "I commend you for being clever."

"I made a mistake, I called you the guardian. He was... really surprised."

"And you said I'm your guardian. I'm glad you did not tell him that I'm the guardian of dreams."

"You said that he is a guardian too. What guardian is he?"

"He is the guardian of space. He does this teleportation stuff and I don't get it haha. You will probably think he is an astronaut or an alien but no. His appearance is just a kid."

"Rey would be the one to spout those words."

He laughed. "Rey has a great imagination!"

"Don't you think he should be a bit older? I think he is too vulnerable being a kid and blind at the same time."

"Yes, he was so vulnerable that's he did not last long as a human. I was once a human too but I died which I can't remember how and when. At that time, I felt like I came back from what I always do for a living. Everything is natural like controlling my powers. I remembered that we shared the same feeling when we are resurrected."

"That sounds too impossible. Are all of the guardians human?"

"I think we are the only ones. But the guardian of space seems to be missing a lot of his powers that's why he can live normally unlike us.

"Unlike me, once they look at my eyes, they will eventually fall asleep."

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog