Bottle of Stories (69)

"My goofy self likes slow-paced stuff but the real Guardian of Dreams wants to be direct and remove unnecessary scenes like this. Let's go next to Lealyn and Kid," The clouds, trees, grass. were distorting and forming into grayish scenery.

"Wait, I want to know what happens to the man who is looking for the Guardian of Soul," Jayson complained.

"I thought you wanted to stop this already?"  He sighed, "Fine then." Tombstones appear on the ground and it becomes night time. "This is what happens if you spend too much time here. Go ahead and listen."

Jayson hid in one big tree near the man.

"Guardian of Soul, I will give you my soul to you so please hear me out and grant my wish!"  The man shouted into the nothingness.

"What do you want, human," answered a voice.

He turned his head, looking where the voice comes from. "Show yourself first."

A maiden appeared in front of him. "I didn't expect that someone is going to call me here. No one knows me in this world."

He gave a basket full of sweets to her. "I want you to give me powers that can cure any illnesses.

"Is this bribery?"  She took the basket and examine the candies. "Look, I haven't found any single guardian that gave powers to others. I decline, please change your wish."

"But... Kid told me you will do anything to help me."

"Oh, the blind one, yes, I know him. He's just a kid and he doesn't know how other guardians use their powers. I can only grant your wish if it is related to souls."

"What should I wish for so I can be powerful than that girl?"

"Lealyn, the girl with Kid! She got an interesting soul for someone who is devoted to curing others." Every soul has a unique quality, and it changes over time. You can identify someone's true nature if you will look into their soul."

"Can you give me an example wish?"

"Help me find my with my soulmate, or I want to have a conversation with my grandmother or the smartest people in the past."

"That does not help me. I want powers."

"How about this, Lealyn is the reason why you do not have patients anymore. correct?what if we..."

"What if we destroy her reputation?"

"Excellent! I can help you with that. I can influence other's souls so it will be very easy."

"How will you do that?"

"I will tell you after we make a deal."

"Understood."

"I the guardian of souls, pledge to fulfill the wishes of this human here, who wants to reclaim his livelihood from a girl who stole his profession. Once this contract is effective, he and I will share everything to keep track of each other's thoughts and actions. I promise to be loyal, honest, and useful to him."

"I promise to take care of her and protect her at all cost."

"If any of us fail to comply in our vows, the one who stayed true to his or her words will have the right to take something from another. The soul. With that all said, this contract will be effective starting from now."

"Wait! How can you prove that this contract is valid if it is only for the two of us? Am I the one who is at the disadvantage here?"

"You are smart, but do not underestimate the spirits here. They saw everything and they will remember it forever."

The man nodded and proceeded to the path he came from. The lady followed him but she paused and looked back. She smiled at Jayson.

The scene was shattered and constructed into a new one.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog