Bottle of Stories (95)

Annie released another attack for Leivo just to test how strong his shield is. It showed a little crack that gave her a glimpse of hope that she can beat him. She nocked her arrow once again when a strong wind disrupt her balance. She also prepared for this too, as long as she keep her distance she can bring damage to him again.

Kid can focus on protecting Annie now that the museum is basically empty. If some unforeseen events happen again, they can easily pick up their momentum and defeat Leivo.

"Stop sabotaging my plans! You just want to take Rey from me why are you doing all of this? Guardians, really?"

Leivo seems desperate but Annie did not let that stop herself from attacking his magical shield.

Together with his ability to control the wind harshly, he let out a request to Kid. "Hey guardian, tell your friend to stop interfering!"

"What are you talking about? I'm not a guardian, I'm just a kid," he said while still hiding.

"I can't wake him up. I'm sure it's the guardian of dreams' fault!" At that moment, his shield broke because of Annie's continuous attack. At the same time, he stopped controlling the wind abruptly.

Kid appeared between the distance of Annie and Leivo. "I'm sorry, I don't want to talk to him right now."

"Kid, we will save Rey right?" Annie interrupted.

"Then you should call for him and wake him up. He will not break through that dream because he was being prevented from seeing all of this happen. You are his true friend, once he hears your voice, he will know what is real from that dream," Kid explained.

"No, you can't do that. I did everything to wake him up. I'm a better friend than her. I gave him food when he's hungry. We played together. And I helped him to free you. I should be the one you are helping not them," complained Leivo.

"Then what do you want me to do?" asked Kid.

"Bring my people back," said Leivo.

"Kid, don't," said Annie.

"I made a mistake. He was right. If I only stayed on his side, this will not happen to Rey."

"It's not your fault!"

"I only took your side because Jayson was with you."

She remembered him approaching Jayson first. Why now, after a month of training with him, she did not show any signs of being a traitor. She was crying as she point her weapon toward him. "I thought guardians are good people."

"We are not. We cannot save everyone nor ourselves." He raised his arms and brought back some of Leivo's goons because he is reaching his limit already.

Annie screamed out of frustration as she released her arrow toward Kid while the guardian just suddenly disappeared before it hits him. When she thought that she is close to saving her friend, this happened. Surrounded by Leivo's people she stopped herself from crying but failed.

She tried shooting Leivo but he now has another shield that doesn't even crack in her attack.

She lost. But she doesn't want to give up.

"REY, IT'S ME ANNIE. I'M THE ONE SAVING YOU NOW ISN'T IT COOL?"

She continued shooting people to sleep and she started to run out of arrows.

"REY, DO YOU HEAR ME? WAKE UP WHILE I'M STILL HERE. I WANT YOU TO SEE ME FIGHTING FOR YOU. JUST LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO ME."

She ran out of arrows now and kneeled on the floor accepting her fate. "REY!"

She kept calling his name. Again and again, until her voice started to lose its power.

A familiar light illuminated the museum. The same blue light that can stop people from moving. The same light that made Rey lose consciousness. That only means something.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog