Bottle of Stories (98)

Jayson and Kid went outside to experience the cold morning wind. They strolled around the garden of the resthouse. Jayson watched the people return to their homes or continue walking the cement road. Some establishments are prepared in opening their business again like nothing happened.

A sweet hum tickled his ears. It was a young and innocent voice harmonizing with the rustling of the leaves. Jayson knew who it was and he wanted to ask him a question. However, he cannot gather the right words to say, so he sat on the ground and let the grass give him comfort. He waited for the song to fade into the wind.

He turned his head at the back and saw Kid caressing the plants. "I met you in my dreams."

Kid did not stop examining the different shaped plants. "I was there too so I can see how much you changed."

"Why do you always talk like we have met before?"

"Try punching your gut. I hope that answers your question." He giggled.

Jayson raised his brow and he felt the urge of punching his own stomach. Out of curiosity, he lightly tapped his fist on his abdomen then gazed at Kid to make sure he is serious.

Kid was laughing just like he did in his dream. Jayson got annoyed because Kid was making fun of him. However, a thought came to his mind.

In his dream, they were talking about the person that treated Kid poorly.

"I treated him as a family and friend. But I do not think he actually thought it that way.

"He is hot-tempered and gets into fights easily. Alone he is self-centered, but with others, he is a great comrade.

"He always loses his patience in everything.

"I erased his memories and threw him back into his world.

"He even scolded me for walking too slow."

And then Jayson responded with...

"I will beat the sense out of him so he will never treat you that way again."

"You are not making this up do you?" asked Jayson who is both confused and embarrassed.

Kid smiled. "I already forgave you, Jayson, you are not him anymore. You changed a lot and it is all thanks to Rey and Annie."

"That just raises many questions!" said Jayson who is in the first stage of grief.

A loud chattering entered their area and they were caught off guard. Jayson went to see what is going on because someone seems in trouble.

"It is not my fault! I have nothing to do with his parents!" Skar desperately said. He is with OP, dodging and blocking the things that are thrown at them.

"Hey, over here!" Kid waved his arm.

Jayson defended the two by switching places with them. Kid opened a path for them to go inside and then closed it.

People were surprised at what Kid has done because this is the group led by Skar; they did not know that he is a guardian.

Cu and Avie were stopping people from moving forward before and now the people are confused or terrified, they begged them to just go home.

The people are slowly leaving the unknown property where Jayson and his friends decided to stay.

"What are you doing here? Did you know this is Skars' residence?" asked Cu scratching his head.

"No," said Jayson before looking at Kid.

"I know." Kid made an opening again to bring back Skar and Cu. "They do not use this home anyway so we are here to rest. Is it okay for you, Mister?"

"Yeah, he is right. Thank you for helping us." Skar patted Kid's head.

"I can't believe what I saw. Did you guys just vanished and brought back by a child?" Avie tapped OP and Skar to make sure they are real.

"He is the guardian of space," explained OP.

"Just like in the legends? From what I remember, he is in his mid-twenties," stated Avie.

"That's what I thought too!" added Cu.

"I have not got that title yet, so you can call me Kid for a while." He raised his hand assuming that they will hold unto it.

Avie shook his hand in return.

"Everyone, please listen to what I have to say. All of these events are partly my fault. But there is more to it that I can't explain for now."

"Skar, I already explained to them your side. We trust you and we will help you to solve this problem."

"Thanks, OP." Skar looked at everyone. "Thank you."

"You can always rely on us," added Avie.

"Yeah, we have always known you and you will not do such things," said Cu.

The adults said their gratitude and goodbyes to Jayson and Kid before leaving and continuing with their lives.

"This place is really a mess. I hope they fixed it soon," said Jayson

"Is that a joke I'm hearing?" asked Kid.

"I do not joke about this kind of thing." Jayson sighed because he remembered Rey. "Can we go to Chloe before we go home?"

"Sure, anything you say." Kid smiled.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog