Bottle of Stories (100)

Rey and Kid stood and faced the front door so when his father arrived, he can immediately ask for permission for Kid to stay. His father came home and Rey immediately grabbed his father's hand and put it on his forehead. After that, he stepped back hold Kid's back in preparation for his introduction.

"This is Kid, my friend. He has no home so I want to ask if it is okay for him to live here, temporarily."

His father kneeled in front of Rey. "I'm sorry."

Rey's hope was shattered and he wanted a dispute. "But..."

"Rey, I want to apologize for all the things I have done to you. I promise that I will refrain from drinking again. I will be less strict from now on because I realized something when I saw your friend here. My actions are the reason why your mother left us, but I will try to reconcile with her. Just trust me."

"Umm, okay," said Rey who was really confused because his father is acting differently. "So, can Kid stay here?"

"Yes! I will be happy to have him here."

"Yehey!" Rey shook Kid as a celebration.

"Thank you, mister. I really appreciate your hospitality," said Kid.

Rey hugged his father. "Thank you, Dad. I really hope that we can be complete again."

Supper happened with three of them at the table. Then, Rey prepared a mat on the ground and proposed that Kid should use his bed instead. Kid refused because he is the visitor so Rey let him lie on the mat because he is really persistent.

Rey sat on his bed. "How did you do that? My father said something I want him to say for so long. It is like I'm in a dream."

"That is the secret of being a guardian."

"How? Please tell me your secret because that is so cool."

The night passed without Kid explaining how he made Rey's father realize his mistakes.

Rey woke up at Kid's voice telling him that his mother is calling. His father went to his room and gave him a cellphone.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Rey?" He was really surprised to hear her mother's voice again. He can't prevent his face from burning because of the surge of his emotions. "Are you okay?"

This is when his tears start flowing uncontrollably. "Mom, I miss you. Please come home."

"Aww, little Rey is crying. I'm really really really sorry for not keeping in touch. I am a coward. I called because I want to tell you that I will go home soon and live with you and your father. I will make sure that I arrived before your graduation, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise you, and it will happen."

Rey went to school with a big smile on his face. Annie and Jayson received the news first on why he is more optimistic and active than usual and they want him to enjoy his day so they get along on everything he talked about. Whether it is break time or discussion time, they listened.

The class finished and now they are outside the campus. They saw Kid talking to Teacher Nat so they went to them and said their goodbyes to their adviser.

"We should play basketball after we go home!" Rey suggested.

"Sure," said Annie. "You can borrow my brother's ball."

"I don't know what that is," said Jayson.

"We'll teach you how." Rey grinned.

They went to their respected homes and changed their uniforms to more comfortable ones. They met at the court where they will play the sport.

Kid was sitting on the corner, listening to their youthful noise. He was sure that they are having fun at that moment. He wants to enjoy this moment too while it lasts because there will be a time that they have to say their goodbyes to each other.

~~~*List of Chapters*~~~


Author's Note

Finally, my first story on the internet is now finished. I'm sorry that it looked so rush that is why I'm here to announce that Bottle of Stories will get a revision. The main goal of  BoS is to uncover the mysteries of the bottle. However, there is still a lot of unanswered questions at this point so a sequel is bound to happen because the plot there will be different. Bottle of Stories will be divided into two parts. This is the "Book 1" and in order to continue properly with the sequel or "Book 2", I have to rewrite this again so I can fix the mistakes I found in this messy version, and proceed properly with the next one. I hope you continue to support this series even though you already finished this version. There will be a lot of addition to the new one. I also want to add that I will make other stories too so I hope you will also support that. Thank you for staying on our journey for 6 years. Here is a little preview of the sequel!


SEQUEL PREVIEW

Every small step on the purple leaves on the ground made a scratching noise that made him wake up. "Kid, it is nice to see you again," said the guardian of dreams, lying his head on a giant rock as if it was his pillow.

Kid clenched his fist. "I know what you did."

"Are you upset? You will forget it anyway just like always."

"Guardian of Dreams!" he shouted full of rage. "Why do you hate humans so much that you have to hurt the people I care about the most."

The guardian of dreams stood up and remove the leaves on pajamas. "Because you are naive and narrow-minded. You always lean into good not right that is why you suffered instead of the people who truly deserved it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog