Bottle of Stories (92)

In a seem to be a neverending field, Rey wandered around to find something in that place. He was sure that he forgot an event that led him there so anything that he can find, might remind him of that event. However, no matter how we walk, he is still in the middle of nowhere.

He was hopeless until he heard a familiar voice at the back. "I heard that you are looking for me."

His yellowish-green hair shined as the wind blows through each strand. It revealed his purple eyes that blooms like a flower because of its mesmerizing glow.


"Guardian of Dreams!" Rey said enthusiastically. "I already saved Kid."

"First of all, I want you to accept my sincerest gratitude," he bowed. "Please surrender your dreams to me and I will make sure you will never have nightmares again."

"No, no need," Rey said with an awkward laugh. In all honesty, he really wants to accept the guardian's offer.

"I have heard noble things about you before we met. All the guardians recognize your existence."

"Why? What did I do? So that means I'm famous?"

"Guardians like Kid are usually unnoticeable beside living creatures to prevent changing the flow of the worlds in an unhealthy way. However, when they get included in unforeseen circumstances, they have to accept their fate."

"What does it have to do with me?"

"You always detach yourself from what is supposed to happen; in other words, you always go off-script. Wherever Kid goes on a similar world you exist, you always interact with him. You always save him even if it means sacrificing yourself."

"Like in a different timeline of me? Wow, I know that I'm special but not to the point I break fate itself." Rey paused, he remembered that people are trying to save him. "So this is all a dream? I have to wake up now. Someone's waiting for me."

"You are safe here. Stay here a little longer, you might not want to see what is going outside."

"But I do!"

"Where do you want to go?"

"I want to go home, together with my friends."

"As you wish."

The leaves detached from their roots and flew with the wind. Guardian of Dreams disappeared with the background, leaving Rey inside his home.

Rey did not believe he was already awake but his friend called his name.

"Rey!" said Annie from the outside.

He dashed to the door so he can open it immediately. He was greeted by Annie and Jayson.

"We should play together. How about a three-player game?" Annie suggested.

Rey made a big smile. That is what he expected from the real Annie. "Sure, let's go!"

While Rey was in deep slumber, Leivo cannot stop worrying. He almost tried everything he can do to wake him up but nothing worked. He regretted his actions because he put Rey's body in danger.

Something is interfering with his spells to cure his aura. 

Then he remembered, the previously cursed kid inside the bottle was referred to as the guardian of space. He is no stranger in the legends about the guardians but that kid did not fit the description of the one who holds the power of space: he did not use the power of creation and destruction. 'Is he holding back?'

Did he catch the attention of the guardians? Leivo thought of the guardian of dreams. If it was that guardian, he has no chance of breaking his dreams. He has to wait for him to wake up. Rey was special and they all want to take him away from his side so he has to be careful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog