My Worries About The Upcoming School Year

The vacation is over and I will be busy again. I'm already predicting that there will be hiccups in my blog schedule but what worries me the most is where my time will be consumed. I love studying but when it becomes stressful, it sucks all the joy I have for learning.

Originally, I have my classmates share the challenges from school. We hang out after school and have some small meetings about our activities. Now, I cannot feel it anymore because I'm all alone in this online class. Chats do not fill the loneliness I feel from this pandemic. In addition to lessons that are harder to learn and hundreds of assignments, the last school year became really depressing. The awards are not enough to compensate for all the hardship we have to go through online classes.

I'm being a pessimist here, but I would be lying if I said that it was fun or I have learned a lot. My social skills decreased. I do not have time for my hobbies. I did our online class in front of our dining room which feels embarrassing because my family members can see all I do and hear what I say when it comes to recitation. I sometimes come to our class late due to slow internet and laptop during the earlier semester. I can't do all my household chores which made me feel guilty because not all students have that privilege. It felt really bad when my classmates and friends are suffering from this "new normal." Not only that, parents and teachers are having a hard time too.

I'm worried that all of these struggles we faced will repeat again for the next school year. No one wants that to happen. I hope they will improve their system from the last school year so people won't suffer again.

I also wish people would understand that. Please refrain from invalidating other people's experiences because yours is harder. We can't compare different experiences. I'm writing this because I want to let it out and reach the students who felt the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog